The first thing is to contact your insurance company to report the accident so that they can provide you with a claim number, as well as an insurance adjuster who will help work you through the process. You can download an Auto Collision Worksheet, which has all the relevant details the insurance company needs. Once you have been assigned an adjuster, ask about what coverage you may have, including whether you have rental coverage (which provides you with a rental car while your regular one is being repaired). There are number of different insurance companies out there and we deal with every major one in Canada, including:
|TD Meloche Monnex/Primmum/Security National
|Aviva Canada Inc
| Co-operators Insurance
| Wawanesa Mutual Insurance
| State Farm
|Royal Sun Alliance
Image Auto Body is a preferred facility for many insurance companies. We can also take care of any out-of-province claims and even out-of-country claims.
Next, schedule an appointment with Image
Auto Body to discover how much the repairs cost. You and your insurer need to know this information before any actions can be taken. We will provide you with a very thorough estimate, which will specify:
- What repairs need to be completed
- Whether parts would be repaired or replaced
- Whether new or used parts would be used
- Whether the parts would be from the original manufacturer or aftermarket. If aftermarket parts are going to be used, it’s important to compare the warranty provided with the one offered on parts from the original manufacturer.
- Photos will be taken to send to your insurance company to prove the loss and any pre-existing damages
Once you know how much it will cost, make sure your vehicle gets repaired at a shop you trust. The place must have the right expertise and equipment to meet your needs and should provide you with a guarantee. We at Image Auto Body deliver experienced, dedicated workmanship and can point to the testimonials of numerous satisfied customers. We ensure the quality of all our repairs and provide a lifetime guarantee as long as you are the owner of the vehicle. Advise the insurance company of who you want to go to for repairs, they will have a list of direct repair facilities who they think are the “best” for your repairs and it may not match your own. Remember, you have the right to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice.
Auto Body is selected, the following steps in the repair are followed:
- You sign a repair authorization form to allow us to begin the repair process
- We arrange a rental vehicle for you if your policy has rental coverage.
- We get to work! Remember, your insurance company has the right to view your vehicle before, during, and after any repair.
- Once the repairs are completed, we contact you. If there is a deductible amount or other charges (such as Betterment or GST Registered – see Insurance Claim FAQ below for details), we will collect those and then invoice the balance to your insurance company. Visit Our Process for more details.